This scholarly concentration provides foundational knowledge in public health including:
- An understanding of the U.S. health system
- Trends impacting public health
- Causes of death and disability
- Historical contributions of public health to life expectancy and quality of life
- Key terms and concepts
- Health system organization
- Local and global factors that determine health at a population level
- Evidence-based interventions and evaluations
All concentration coursework can be completed online. The scholarly project work occurs in Indianapolis or a mutually agreed upon site.
Curriculum and Timeline
Students completing the Public Health concentration fulfill the same core curriculum as students in other concentrations. The didactic components provide a strong academic and experiential foundation in public health that will be vital for completion of the core curriculum project and product.