Graduates from an accredited U.S., Canadian or international medical school should submit their application through the Electronic Residency Application System (ERAS). Indiana University School of Medicine only accepts applications through ERAS. Applicants are invited to interview using Interview Broker. Interested students can email additional questions to IU School of Medicine Pediatrics Residency program or call 317-944-4034.
Domestic and International Requirements
- Pass Step 1 on first attempt; no fails or retakes.
- Priority given to applicants with strong research/academic potential.
- Apply using ERAS.
The following items apply to International students only:
- IU School of Medicine only sponsors J1 visas.
- Less than 3-5 years out of medical school.
- ECFMG is required at interview.
- Strong U.S. clinical experience within the past year.
Required Application Materials (must be sent through ERAS)
- Common Application Form (CAF)
- Three letters of recommendation
- Dean’s letter
- Medical school transcripts
- USMLE and/or COMLEX Scores (Step 2 scores must be received by February 1)
- Personal statement