- Full-time 3rd year medical students applying to 4th year electives
- Good academic standing at a US accredited medical school
- Must have completed all third year clinical requirements by the time of the elective
- Members of a group considered underrepresented in medicine (Black/African-American, Hispanic/Latino, Native American, and Pacific Islander/Native Hawaiian)
- Identify as LGBTQ+
- US citizen or permanent resident
Note: The Indiana University School of Medicine does not provide personal health or professional liability insurance coverage to students from other schools. The student will be required to provide his/her own personal health insurance and professional liability while on a senior elective at the Indiana University School of Medicine. If approved, this information will be required for the formal VSAS application.