Possible activities include:
- U.S. Army Medical Research Institute of Chemical Defense/U.S. Army Medical Research Institute of Infection Disease (USAMRID/USAMRCD) chemical and biological casualty care course at Ft. Detrick in Maryland
- Health care surge course at the Center for Domestic Preparedness in Anniston, Alabama; Hazmat course at the Center for Domestic Preparedness or at an alternate site
- International rotation at JFK Hospital in Monrovia, Liberia
- Health policy rotation at the Veterans Administration, Center for Medicare/Medicaid Services (CMS), the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) or the office of the Assistant Secretary for Preparedness and Response (ASPR)
- Rotation at the Indiana State Department of Health (ISDH)
- Wilderness medicine course, combat medicine course or confined space medicine course at various training locations The fellow is also invited to attend monthly ISDH Indiana State Trauma Care Committee meetings.