The early childhood years are the foundation for future development, providing a strong base for lifelong learning and healthy growth and development. In collaboration with early childhood partners and parents in the community, we work to ensure that all children have access to equitable learning opportunities to help them achieve their full potential as engaged learners and valued members of our community.
- Established working team with the Indiana Department of Correction and Resources for Infant Educarers to create the evidence-based Promises ofParenting Pilot Program that focused on strengthening maternal bonding and attachment in the Officer Breann Leath Memorial Maternal-Child Health Unit.
- Completed the Promises of Parenting Pilot Program in the Officer Breann Leath Memorial Maternal-Child Health Unit at the Indiana Women’s prison that resulted in increased maternal bonding and parental confidence.
- Received three-year Early Years Initiative grant from Early Learning Indiana to expand and continue the Promises of Parenting Program at the Indiana Women’s Prison nursery unit.
- Partnering with Early Childhood Alliance in Fort Wayne, IN to implement and evaluate a shared management system to improve the business capacity of early childhood education center in zip codes with poor MCH outcomes.
- Ft. Wayne Early Childhood Alliance
- SPARK Learning Lab
- Officer Breann Leath Memorial Maternal-Child Health Unit
Resources and Links