The IU School of Medicine Multicultural Physicians' Alliance (MPA) works to improve diversity, equity and inclusion among residents and fellows by fostering an environment for professional development and a culture of inclusivity. To achieve this purpose, MPA emphasizes key goals:
- Facilitate professional exchange and collaboration between residents who are underrepresented in medicine (URM) and IU School of Medicine on initiatives that support causes that increase diversity, inclusion and representation in medicine.
- Develop and support shared experiences for URM residents and fellows that empower residents and fellows to be patient advocates and strategically develop efforts to positively impact URM communities.
- Enable exposure to various career options for URM residents in order to improve the representation in multiple ﬁelds across the medical ﬁelds.
- Promote opportunities for professional development in areas of clinical acumen, board preparation, oral presentations, grant writing, publications, and innovation.
- Expand and multiply vertical mentoring opportunities with faculty as well as medical students and encourage strong academic relationships with faculty
- Advocate for concerns of URM residents and fellows.