The pediatric endocrinology fellowship only accepts applications through the ERAS system. The program participates in the National Resident Matching Program's fall pediatric subspecialty match. ERAS opens for applicant data in early June and Match Day is in mid-December. The program usually sends invitations to interview after it accesses applications in mid-July. Interviews occur between August and November.
This year, because of the coronavirus pandemic, ERAS and NRMP timelines have changed.
ERAS 2020 Timeline
|June 8, 2020||ERAS 2021 season begins|
|June 9, 2020|| ERAS begins to generate and distribute MyERAS tokens.
Applicants can register in MyERAS and begin work on applications.
|July 1, 2020||Fellowship applicants may begin submitting applications to programs.|
|August 12, 2020||July cycle fellowship programs may begin reviewing applications.|
NRMP 2020 Timeline
|September 23, 2020||Match Opens at 12 pm E.T.|
|October 28, 2020||Ranking Opens at 12 pm E.T.|
|November 18, 2020||Programs: Quota Change Deadline at 11:59 pm E.T.|
|December 2, 2020||Rank Order List Certification Deadline at 9 pm E.T.|
|December 16, 2020||Match Day at 12 pm E.T.|
- Pass USMLE or COMLEX Steps 1, 2, and 3 on the first attempt
- Apply using ERAS
- Priority given to applicants with strong research/academic potential
- IU School of Medicine only sponsors J1 visas
Required Application Materials
- Common Application Form (CAF)
- Three letters of recommendation
- Medical school transcripts
- USMLE and/or COMLEX scores
- Personal statement
Typical Interview Day
- 8-9 am: Review program materials online at the applicant-only website
- 9-9:25 am: Interview with Erica Eugster, MD, Division Chief, Associate Program Director
- 9:30-9:55 am: Interview with John Fuqua, MD, Program Director
- 10-10:25 am: Interview with pediatric endocrinology faculty member
- 10:30-10:55 am: Interview with pediatric endocrinology faculty member
- 11-11:25 am: Interview with pediatric endocrinology faculty member
- 11:30 am-1 pm: Informal meet and greet with pediatric endocrinology fellows