The Hospice and Palliative Medicine Fellowship Program at Indiana University School of Medicine trains physicians to develop expertise in the care of patients with serious illness and become leaders in hospice and palliative care. Fellows participate in a blend of clinical experiences and small group learning throughout the one year fellowship program to ensure that fellows are prepared to practice palliative care in a variety of settings.
Throughout your ACGME accredited fellowship year, you will:
- Experience caring for seriously ill people on a variety of four-week block rotations and longitudinal experiences. The diversity of Indianapolis is reflected in the populations fellows serve during their fellowship. Fellows have the opportunity to experience providing palliative care in public, VA, and private community hospitals throughout the year. Fellows also have the opportunity to rotate at the beautiful inpatient hospice facilities of Center of Hospice Care in South Bend, IN, a smaller city located 2.5 hours north of Indianapolis, in addition to our longstanding local inpatient hospice partner unit at St. Vincent.
- Participate in our comprehensive small-group education sessions. This involves a mixture of weekly didactics, formative simulation sessions, and monthly evening sessions geared toward your personal development as a palliative care physician.
- Develop a scholarly/quality improvement project with the mentorship of one of IU School of Medicine's expert palliative care research mentors.
- Benefit from the learning environment of one of the country's largest medical schools, as fellows have the opportunity to participate electively in a rich and diverse series of educational programs.
- Collaborate with one of the world's most comprehensive global health partnerships through an elective rotation at Moi Teaching and Referral Hospital in Eldoret, Kenya in partnership with AMPATH and IU School of Medicine Global Health.
ERAS Application Requirements:
Medical School Transcript
ECFMG Status Report, if needed
3 LOR's - 1 from Former Program Director or Supervising Physician
Please contact Fellowship Coordinator with any questions.