Applications to our residency program are only accepted through ERAS. All positions are filled through the NRMP. Our goal is to match with candidates who align with our program's values and seek to further the mission of the program.
Our residency prioritizes and celebrates diversity. We believe it not only improves, but also enriches our teaching, clinical outcomes, and our community, while providing the needed impetus to further reach our potential as a training site for the best family practice doctors. Learn more about diversity initiatives at IU School of Medicine.
In the most recent years, applications from minority applicants have not matched the medical student population, a population that is already under-representative of our community. This is a critical component of our residency and patient population. We would like to improve this statistic through actionable goals in our recruitment, education, system, and community culture. If you have excitement for family medicine, please know that our residency and hospital would welcome your application.
- USMLE Step 1 or COMLEX Part 1 passed within 2 attempts.
- USMLE Step 2 or COMLEX Part 2 scores preferred prior to rank submission.
- USMLE or COMLEX results must be within the last five years.
- We do not screen applications based on minimum score, but prefer to see scores at or above the mean.
Approved Medical Schools
- U.S. Allopathic Schools: senior or graduate within the past five years.
- U.S. Osteopathic Schools: senior or graduate within the past five years.
- International Medical Schools: senior or graduate within the past five years. Must be listed on the Medical Board of California Approved Medical School List AND NOT listed on the Indiana Licensing Board Disapproved List. Typically, we do not sponsor visas.
- Medical schools accredited by the LCME and AOA are given preference.