Skip to main content

Residency Alumni

After completing the otolaryngology residency program at IU School of Medicine, most physicians—about 60 percent—enter fellowship programs, such as endoscopic sinus surgery, facial plastics and reconstruction, head and neck cancer and otology/neurolology. The other 40 percent go straight to work. About half of IU School of Medicine otolaryngology residents go into academics; the other half go into private practice/hospital base.

2020 Alumni

John Gettelfinger

John Gettelfinger, MD

General Otolaryngology

Community Physician Network,
Ear, Nose and Throat Care,
Indianapolis

Zach Pflum

Zach Pflum, MD

Fellowship in Head and Neck Oncology and Microvascular Reconstructive Surgery

University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health at UW-Madison

Rich Kao

Rich Kao, MD

Fellowship in Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery

Toriumi Facial Plastics,
Rush University Medical College

2019 Alumni

Sarah Drejet

Sarah Drejet, MD

Fellowship in Head and Neck Oncology and Microvascular Reconstructive Surgery

Vanderbilt University Medical Center

Cyrus Rabbani

Cyrus Rabbani, MD

Fellowship in Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery

Johns Hopkins Medicine

Daniel Martinez

Dan Martinez, MD

Fellowship in Head and Neck Oncology and Microvascular Reconstructive Surgery

University of Cincinnati College of Medicine

2018 Alumni

Ryan Phillips

Ryan Phillips, MD

General Otolaryngology

Memorial Hospital and Health Care Center, Jasper, Indiana

Dominic Vernon

Dominic Vernon, MD

Fellowship in Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery

Johns Hopkins Medicine

2017 Alumni

Amy Best

Amy Best, MD

General Otolaryngology

Community Physician Network,
Ear, Nose and Throat Care,
Indianapolis

Todd Wannemuehler, MD

Todd Wannemuehler, MD

Fellowship in Rhinology and Endoscopic Skull Base Surgery

Vanderbilt University Medical Center

Chad Ruffin

Chad Ruffin, MD

Fellowship in Otologic Research

Indiana University School of Medicine

2016 Alumni

Brian Lobo

Brian Lobo

Fellowship in Rhinology and Endoscopic Skull Base Surgery

Cleveland Clinic

Jennifer Phan

Jennifer Phan

General Otolaryngology

Community Physician Network,
Ear, Nose and Throat Care,
Indianapolis

Benton Nelson

Benton Nelson

General Otolaryngology

Ear, Nose and Throat Specialties PC,
Lincoln, Nebraska