Read all about it: Rodent research published
IU School of Medicine Oct 23, 2019
Written by Sue Samson
A new research paper authored by the Kacena lab about data collected during the Rodent Research spaceflight in 2017 has just been published in npj Microgravity and is entitled Skeletal adaptation in young male mice after 4 weeks aboard the International Space Station. Congratulations to everyone involved!
To help spread the word about this study a companion blog was written, Rodent Research in Space: A Scientific Journey into the Unknown, and was posted to the journal’s community blogsite. It is a lighthearted look at several behind-the-scenes stories associated with this research project.
The journal is testing a new way to measure the impact of an article, increase traffic to their journal, and reach more readers where likes, shares, and downloads are analyzed (much akin to social media campaigns). Thus, we invite you to check out our article and blog by following the steps below.
- LINK to the blog: Rodent Research in Space: A Scientific Journey into the Unknown https://npjmicrogravitycommunity.nature.com/badges/733-contributor/posts/53927-rodent-research-in-space-a-journey-to-the-unknown
- LIKE the blog by clicking on the thumbs up icon (you will be directed to provide an email and password, but don’t worry about being added to a mailing list as this is used only for counting the number of unique likes).
- Write a COMMENT if you want to leave a message for Dr. Kacena (definitely not required!)
- Click the SHARE button if you want to share this article on your personal Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn accounts.
- Within the blog, CLICK one of the links to go to the full research article in npj Microgravity (there is one link in the first full paragraph and then again near the bottom of the article)
- DOWNLOAD the actual research article. This is an important step because this contributes to how IMPACT SCORES are determined, which are very important to the authors.
- To share the link of the research article in your own personalized email, use this shortened link: https://rdcu.be/bRMR7