The Indiana Alzheimer's Disease Research Center (IADRC) is committed to sharing resources with internal and external investigators to further treatment development and research in Alzheimer's disease and other types of dementia.
The IADRC encourages applications requesting access to its various resources. Questions or need guidance applying for resources? Contact the center administrator, Sarah Van Heiden.
Resource RequestsResource requests from researchers will be taken into consideration by the applicable Science Executive Committee. Researcher applicants can expect to be notified with receipt of a request within five business days. Researchers can expect a final status of their application within four weeks. The committee will not provide a written evaluation of proposals. A letter indicating the committee’s decision to support or not support the proposed request will be provided to the applicant, along with any special instructions and/ or requirements that must be met before resources will be released.
Checklist for Authors
Resources provided by the Indiana Alzheimer’s Disease Research Center request process should use this checklist to prepare publications:
- Include the IADRC grant citation.
- Submit publication to IADRC for review before releasing manuscripts, meeting abstracts, or any other research results.
- Submit publication (webpage with REDCap form). Example.
- Comply with the NIH public access policy, all authors using IADRC resources must submit their work to PubMed Central (PMC).
- Upon publication, send a final copy of manuscript or abstract to firstname.lastname@example.org.
ApprovalIf a request is approved:
- An estimate for any costs to be incurred by the IADRC that would need to be reimbursed would be provided to the requesting lab for approval.
- A sharing agreement would be sent to the PI for signature. This agreement includes any limitations on the use of samples, grant acknowledgments and any other conditions if needed.
- Once costs are approved or if there aren’t any costs to the requestor and the sharing agreement is executed, the IADRC lab would be instructed to schedule the sample/data preparation.