The Program to Launch Underrepresented in Medicine (URiM) Success (PLUS) is a two year cohort program structured around two pillars: leadership and scholarship. PLUS is tailored to meet the unique needs of faculty from groups underrepresented in medicine. The lasting community built in PLUS is designed to help combat social and professional isolation and to cultivate a sense of community across departments and disciplines.
By participating in PLUS faculty will:
- Have the opportunity to apply for up to $50,000 ($25,000 per year) in PLUS Scholar Project Funds
- Develop self-care strategies to promote wellness, overcome adversity and mitigate burnout
- Receive structured mentoring related to career planning and professional development
- Cultivate a sense of community and foster genuine relationships within the academic institution
- Complete a scholarly product for submission and/or dissemination in a peer-reviewed forum
- Be provided tools and guidance for the promotion and tenure process