FAPD and IU School of Medicine Office of Educational Affairs are sponsoring faculty learning communities (FLCs) on research in medical education (RIME). FLCs are a peer-led group of faculty members who engage in an active, collaborative, year-long program, structured to provide encouragement, support, and reflection.
Join a community of four to six faculty members with shared interest in a medical education research area such as:
- Assessment of clinical competence at the milestones
- Covid related educational initiatives
- Diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Interprofessional education
- Pre-clinical Instruction
Applicants will be assigned to one of the eight FLC groups based on their preference. An experienced mentor will be assigned to guide each FLC group.
- Produce scholarly products such as: peer-reviewed journal articles, MedEd Portal submissions, and/or conference presentations
- Network formally and informally with other IU School of Medicine faculty interested in educational scholarship
- Create a support network of faculty interested in conducting educational scholarship
- Collaborate with other faculty interested in conducting research on these specific research topics
- Improve your skills in educational scholarship
- Learn more about available institutional resources to conduct educational scholarship