The 20 are among 25 in Indiana included in the most recent edition of America’s Top Doctors for Cancer. The current guide identifies the nation’s most outstanding physicians for the diagnosis and treatment of cancers in adults and children.
The physicians – all of whom practice at the Indiana University Melvin and Bren Simon Cancer Center and Clarian Health – are:
- Dennis Blom, M.D. (surgery)
- John J. Coleman III, M.D. (plastic surgery)
- James Croop (pediatric hematology/oncology)
- Lawrence H. Einhorn, M.D. (medical oncology)
- Robert J. Fallon, M.D. (pediatric hematology-oncology)
- Sherif Farag (hematology)
- Richard S. Foster, M.D. (urology)
- Robert J. Goulet Jr., M.D. (surgery)
- Paul Haut (pediatric hematology/oncology)
- Valerie P. Jackson, M.D. (diagnostic radiation)
- Keith D. Lillemoe, M.D. (surgery)
- Patrick J. Loehrer Sr., M.D. (medical oncology)
- Katherine Look, M.D. (gynecologic oncology)
- Scott Shapiro, M.D. (neurological surgery)
- George W. Sledge Jr., M.D. (medical oncology)
- Frederick B. Stehman, M.D. (gynecologic oncology)
- Allan Thornton Jr., M.D. (radiation oncology). Thornton is with the Midwest Proton Radiotherapy Institute in Bloomington, which is affiliated with the IUSM Department of Radiation Oncology and the IU Simon Cancer Center.
- Thomas M. Ulbright, M.D. (pathology)
- Terry A. Vik, M.D. (pediatric hematology-oncology)
- Stephen D. Williams, M.D. (medical oncology)
“Recognition from a source, such as America’s Top Doctors for Cancer, is always appreciated. It further confirms that our dedicated faculty physicians are highly regarded by their peers and their patients. Their collaborative style with other health-care professionals at our partner hospitals – Wishard Health Services, the Roudebush VA Medical Center and Clarian Health and our colleagues at other campuses such as IU Bloomington, Purdue and Notre Dame – makes their impact even greater,” said D. Craig Brater, dean of the IU School of Medicine.
Published by Castle Connolly, the guide contains detailed profiles of more than 2,100 of America’s leading cancer specialists across more than 40 medical specialties. The doctors are selected by a physician-led research team based on comprehensive national surveys of physicians and medical leaders.