The Department of Medicine’s Business of Medicine Leadership Program (BMLP) is designed to provide clinical faculty and emerging leaders with a professional development opportunity that increases business acumen, leadership skills and expertise.
Academic physician leaders will develop and secure skills that match system and departmental alignment needs:
- Develop a toolkit of skills to enhance business acumen and leadership.
- Leverage knowledge in order to position ideas more persuasively, increase team productivity and lead others more effectively.
- Strengthen overall business acumen and gain a better understanding of financial acumen, including the key frameworks, models and levers that drive organizational success.
- Increase innovation capability via the development of an “intrapreneur” mindset, system and roadmap.
- Incorporate Lean in the academic and practice arena.
- Reflect on what it means to lead with wellness and equity in mind.
- Strategic thinking about equity and inclusion.