We are Reopening our Physical Space
Safar Saydshoev Jul 24, 2020
Ruth Lilly Medical Library is reopening our physical space with careful consideration of the health and safety of our employees and all of our visitors. We will continue to offer resources and services online (such as 3D printing, research consults, and classes). Details regarding services available in-person and COVID-19 protocols are listed below.
The 24 hour study area will become available at 7am on July 27. The rest of the library will reopen on August 3. See our "Hours and Location" page for additional information. Hours may change based on changing circumstances related to the pandemic and university operations.
Services available in-person
(all other services and resources are available online)
- Study spaces, classrooms, and conference rooms (with reduced occupancy to allow for social distancing.
- Virtual Reality Stations (by reservation only)
- Physical materials (with a 72-hour quarantine period between uses)
- The RLML will adhere to the recommendations of Indiana University Return to Campus: The COVID-19 Guide for Departments
- Please follow instructions and guidance on signs in the library.
- Masks will be required to enter the library.
- Stay at least 6 feet apart from another individual
- Avoid large gatherings
- Please disinfect the space you occupy before and/or after use
- Campus provided hand sanitization will be accessible in multiple public locations throughout each floor of the building
- Public microwave users will be asked to self-monitor microwave cleaning with Library/Campus provided cleaning supplies.
- Stairwells, Elevators, Hallways
- Recommend 1 person per time in elevators
- Please maintain distance while going up and down the stairs.
- Library Service Desk
- Please stand on the X's when waiting to speak to someone at our service desk
- Study rooms
- All study rooms are available on a first come first served basis.
- It is recommended that only one person or household use the study rooms at a time.
- Meeting rooms
- All meeting rooms are on reserve library.mednet.iu.edu/reserving-rooms