The following information is provided by our partners in the IT Training division of University Information Technology Services
Kaltura is a cloud-based video management system that can be used by anyone for creating, storing, publishing and streaming videos, video collections, and other types of media. IT Training will be offering a webinar on Kaltura: An Overview on July 14th from 1—2pm. This webinar will show you how to create, upload, manage and distribute media. The system integrates with Canvas, allowing faculty and students to create, upload, and share multimedia content with ease. Ideal for any class structure, Kaltura expands the reach and impact of traditional, web-enhanced, hybrid, flipped, and fully online courses.
With Kaltura, instructors can upload media and record the screen or webcam. These features allow them to:
- Create video assignments
- Increase active learning through guided lessons
- Demonstrate concepts to help students better connect with material
- Jumpstart discussions on course topics and concepts
- Expand opportunities for critical thinking
- Introduce themselves and their course to students before classes start
- Instructors will also have access to a personal media repository, and each course section will have a dedicated media gallery. The gallery will bring ease to instructor/student, student/student, and student/instructor sharing.
What You’ll learn in this webinar
- How to upload and download media in Kaltura
- How to create media in Kaltura
- How to edit media and create thumbnails
- How to attach files to media
- How to create playlists
- How to share media with others
- How to accept submissions from students
- How to work with Mediaspace
You should be familiar with uploading and downloading files on the web to attend this webinar.
This webinar will be held online using Adobe Connect. You will need working speakers to hear the presenter. It is strongly recommended that you have a high-speed Internet connection to participate in this session. You can access the Adobe Connect room for this workshop at: https://ittraining.iu.edu/
Date: Tuesday, July 14
Time: 1:00 – 2:00 PM, ET