Update published April 25
The deadline for the Senior Awards Program has been extended to Wednesday, May 2!
- Register for the event, buy guest tickets and provide dietary restrictions using the senior reception registration form.
- The program will be held at the Crane Bay Event Center on Friday, May 11, 2018 at 5pm (see previous updates for more information).
- Thanks for voting for your favorite faculty!
Check to be sure you’ve returned all your library books!
- You may review your checkouts online by logging into IUCAT
- Log in using your IU network I.D. and passphrase, then go to “My Account”
- You can also contact or stop by the Ruth Lilly Medical Library’s circulation desk to check out the status of your library account.
Update published April 20
- You can qualify for free parking for your class — a $20 value per student! If the class reaches an 80 percent completion rate on the GQ by Wednesday, May 2, the school will provide a parking pass to each graduating student for use at Commencement on Saturday, May 12! Responses are confidential and crucial to the development of the school.
- We hope that you have ordered and received your apparel, but if not, all is not lost. You can stop by Barnes & Noble at the IUPUI Campus Center during normal business hours on a first come, first serve basis. (A $75 late rental fee will apply.)
Update published April 6
Class of 2018 Commencement tutorial
- Use #IUSM2018 to share your experience!
- Complete the AAMC Graduate Questionnaire sent via e-mail. Your opinion matters!
- Return your working pager & mailbox key to MS160 (if applicable) as requirement of graduation. If you have lost your pager or have any questions, contact Medical Student Education at 317-274-1965 or email@example.com.
- Class Composites and Gold Humanism Honor Cords will be available for pick up during normal business hours starting May 7 in MS 160.
Update published March 30
Nominate Faculty for recognition awards
Each year the graduating class awards faculty members for their excellence in teaching. These awards recognize the outstanding contributions that faculty and staff provide enhance the student experiences and quality of education at IU School of medicine. Please take a few moments to reflect and recommend the individuals that made a positive impact on your medical student career.
Class of 2018 senior awards program
The senior awards program recognizes and honors the accomplishments of the class. This year’s program is at the Crane Bay Event Center on Friday, May 11 at 5 pm. Hors d’oeuvres will be provided followed by the award program.
While tickets for fourth-year students are complimentary, reservations are required for all attendees. Additional tickets are available for guests at $30 per person, payable via PayPal. More information on how to reserve your spot will be available by the end of the week.
The deadline to order graduation apparel is Friday, April 6.
Commencement is Saturday, May 12 at the Indianapolis Convention Center. Students must arrive outside of the Sagamore Ballroom in the Indianapolis Convention Center no later than 8:30. Snacks will be available, and the processional will begin at approximately 9:15 am.
For more information, visit the commencement page.
Update published Feb. 23
Exciting milestones are ahead. As you prepare for key events in the coming weeks, here are a few things to keep in mind:
Order apparel for Match Day and Graduation; Deadline is March 3
The Student National Medical Association (SNMA) is offering two shirt options that are ideal for gift-giving or sending to your friends and family. These items make excellent gifts for those who have supported you throughout your medical school journey. T-shirts are $15 each and are available in sizes ranging from S-2XL.
If you will be in Indy for Match Day, t-shirts will be available beforehand, so they can also be worn that day. For those who will not be in Indianapolis for Match Day, orders will be mailed to or distributed by a regional SNMA representative after Match Day.
View shirt designs and place your order here.
Questions? Contact Vanni Rodriguez at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The t-shirt sale ends at noon on Friday, March 3, so place your orders now!
Important dates for Commencement preparation
Apparel required to participate in graduation must be ordered by Friday, April 6. The hood and gown are rentals, and the tam and tassel are yours to keep. All graduation apparel orders will be shipped directly to the address you provide.
Special rates have been secured at area hotels for your convenience on a first come, first serve basis. To secure a discounted rate at a participating hotel, book your reservation by Wednesday, April 11.