Update March 19, 2018: The current completion rate is 53 percent and the survey deadline has been moved to March 22.
Class of 2019:
Students are our number one priority – both your professional development and your personal well-being.
Thanks to your feedback, we’ve made improvements in the learning environment, mental health services, and mentoring and advising, among other areas. Specifically, we’ve:
- Ensured a more flexible clinical schedule and expanded student preference options for clerkships
- Eliminated block scheduling of clerkships
- Created Connections Days and provided student-initiated wellness activities
- Created career exploration electives to allow early exposure to medical disciplines
- Established a confidential online system with 24-hour turnaround time for students to report mistreatment
- Provided transparent reporting on the status of the learning environment
- Established an Ombuds Office for confidential consultation
The Class of 2019 has an opportunity to provide additional input by completing the Strategic Student Survey (S3). If 80 percent of your class completes the survey by March 9, the school will contribute $2,500 to be used directly for Match Day, Senior Banquet or Commencement expenses.
More importantly, we will continue to make improvements for as long as we have your input to guide our efforts, now and in the future.
Jay L. Hess, MD, PhD, MHSA
Vice President for University Clinical Affairs
Dean, Indiana University School of Medicine