First-year orientation is an introduction to the IU School of Medicine MSMS program. It is held the week prior to the MCAT Prep Summer Program. Learners will have the opportunity to meet IU School of Medicine Dean Jay Hess, MD, PhD, MHSA, Executive Associate Dean of Educational Affairs and Institutional Improvement Paul Wallach, MD, and other school leaders.
During orientation learners will:
- Receive an introduction to MSMS curriculum.
- Receive training and coaching.
- Tour IU School of Medicine Indianapolis Campus
- Learn about the school's honor code.
- Participate in team building activities and study management.
- Be provided with a multitude of learner resources (wellness services, professional development opportunities, etc.).
- Have their headshot taken.
- Be introduced to Student Interest Groups (SIGS)
- Be introduced to MSMS Alumni
Equipment Requirements for First-Year MSMS Students
The only required supply is a laptop or desktop computer and access to reliable internet service.
MCAT Preparation Program