The 2023 application cycle is now open through March 31, 2024.
The Master of Science in Medical Science admission process provides an individualized, thorough and holistic review of each applicant. No single factor is determinative.
- First-generation in college student
- Health Resources & Services Administration (HRSA) designated medically underserved area
- Health care professional or medically related graduate degree
Prerequisites and Application Steps
Ensure that the following premedical science requirements will be completed by summer 2024
- One year of general biology, general/inorganic chemistry, organic chemistry, and physics with a minimum of two laboratory credit hours in each content area
- One semester of biochemistry (not required but strongly recommended)
- One course in social science (i.e. sociology)
- One course in behavioral science (i.e. psychology)
Complete a four-year bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in the United States by summer 2024.
Achieve a minimum undergraduate cumulative and science GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
Complete and submit the pre-application form. Form should only be completed if qualifications in Steps 1-3 are or will be meet by matriculation in summer 2024.
Upon approval after view of the pre-application, submit application to the program via the IU Graduate Office. Details on that step will be sent to all you meet the pre-qualification standards.
The pre-application form is available to all interested applicants and must be completed before an official application to determine one’s eligibility. Applications are by invitation only. Pre-applications are available from September 1–March 31 annually.
Note: If you have not taken the MCAT, your GRE, SAT or ACT scores will be requested.
Information regarding the cost of the MSMS Program can be found from IU Indianapolis Student Central. Direct loans are available through the Office of Medical Student Affairs in Student Financial Services. Contact Jose Espada or LaTonya Hudson for more information. Scholarships may also be available.
Medical College Admission Test Preparation
All admitted students must complete an intensive summer Medical College Admission Test Preparation course offered at IU School of Medicine before starting the Master of Science in Medical Science curriculum in the fall.