Zoom: IU’s New Web Collaboration Service
Nov 14, 2016
University Information Technology Services is pleased to announce that Zoom is now available as a new web collaboration service available to all Indiana University faculty, staff, and students.
Features of Zoom include:
- High-quality video and audio support for up to 50 concurrent participants
- Large meeting support for up to 300 concurrent participants.
- Webinar support for up to 3,000 concurrent participants
- Easy-to-use tools for collaborating online with others, including sharing and co-annotation tools, breakout rooms, polling, and white-boarding
- Allows for high-quality recordings of meetings, and subsequent downloading of those recordings as MP4 files
- A full-featured app for iOS and Android
Zoom integrates directly with Canvas (instructors simply add it to their course site) and also works with IU’s existing Web and videoconferencing systems.
To start using Zoom, register for your free account at https://zoom.iu.edu. For additional information on Zoom, please see https://kb.iu.edu/d/bfqu.
The full evaluation report for Zoom can be found at http://next.iu.edu under the Reports tab.
If you have questions about using Zoom for your course or other purposes, contact Lorie Shuck, at (317) 278-1506, or firstname.lastname@example.org.