Indy Class of 2022: Subscribe to the fall academic calendar on your phone
IU School of Medicine Aug 06, 2018
Greetings Indianapolis Class of 2022 Students,
Welcome to IU School of Medicine! The fall calendar is available in Outlook, with instructions below that are also available in your Transitions 1 canvas course site. Please be aware that schedule changes may still occur. Any changes will be communicated to you by your site leader or course coordinator, typically before they are updated on the calendar.
Note: You will need to use your IU exchange account to access the calendar (see Checklist #1 in the Orientation Canvas site if you have not set up your IU email).
Using the Outlook web app
- Login with your IU username and passphrase
- Select Calendar on the top menu
- Right click My Calendar on the left menu and select Open Calendar.
- In the From Directory field, enter p1y1in and click the “Search contacts and directory” dropdown to find the Phase 1 Year 1 Indianapolis calendar.
- Select Open – The calendar will show up in your list of People’s Calendars (aka Shared Calendars in the Desktop version).
Using the Desktop version of Outlook on your computer
- Open Outlook
- Select Calendar from the left menu or bottom menu
- Select Open Calendar then Open Shared Calendar from the Home or Folder menu
- In the Name field, enter p1y1in
- Select OK – The calendar will show up in your list of Shared Calendars (aka People’s Calendars in the Outlook web app)
There will be a version of the calendar which you will be able to subscribe to from your mobile device(s). Those instructions have been emailed to you via your Transitions 1 canvas course. The instructions are also available in your Transitions site.
Thanks and welcome!