Apply for the FASPE ethics program
Joshua Rager Dec 03, 2018
Hi, my name is Josh Rager and I’m a fourth-year medical student. I completed the FASPE (Fellowships at Auschwitz for the Study of Professional Ethics) program last summer. I had great experiences with the program and wanted to share the details with current medical students about how to apply for summer 2019.
You can read more about my experiences with FASPE in my previous blog posts:
FASPE Medical is a fully-funded, two-week fellowship program in professional ethics and ethical leadership that begins by examining the actions and choices of German physicians in enabling Nazi policies. It then draws on this historical example to help Medical Fellows both grasp their role as influencers in their field and in their communities as well as identify and confront the ethical issues currently facing physicians and the healthcare system. The program takes place in Germany and Poland at the sites of Nazi actions, allowing Fellows to benefit from the power of the place and immersive, contextual learning.
- Program Dates: Saturday, June 15 – Friday, June 28, 2019.
- Fully-funded: All program costs are covered, including travel, lodging, and food.
- Interdisciplinary: FASPE Medical Fellows travel with Fellows in the FASPE Seminary program.
- Itinerary: Fellows will travel to Berlin, Krakow, and Oswiecim (the location of the former Nazi concentration camp of Auschwitz).
- Eligibility: Applicants must be currently enrolled in an MD or DO program (or equivalent) OR have an MD or DO (or equivalent) and be enrolled in a bioethics, public health, or doctoral program OR be enrolled in a residency program.
- FASPE programs are non-denominational. Candidates of all nationalities, religions, and backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
- Completed applications are due by Friday, December 28, 2018.
- If you have any questions, please contact Ellen Gilley, Director of Programs & Strategy at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- View a list of previous fellows.