The following information is provided by our partners in the Learning Technologies division of University Information Technology Services
Kaltura is a cloud-based video management system for storing, publishing, and streaming videos, video collections, and other media. The system integrates with Canvas and Oncourse, allowing faculty and students to create, upload, and share multimedia content with ease. Ideal for any class structure, Kaltura expands the reach and impact of traditional, web-enhanced, hybrid, flipped, and fully online courses.
With Kaltura, instructors can upload media and record their screen or webcam. These features allow them to:
- Create video assignments
- Increase active learning through guided lessons
- Demonstrate concepts to help students better connect with material
- Jumpstart discussions on course topics and concepts
- Expand opportunities for critical thinking
- Introduce themselves and their course to students before classes start
- Instructors will also have access to a personal media repository, and each course section will have a dedicated media gallery. The gallery will bring ease to instructor/student, student/student, and student/instructor sharing.
This webinar will be an introductory overview of Kaltura and provide background about the service and examples of how Kaltura is being used among faculty and students for their courses.
This workshop is scheduled for Monday, May 18, 2015 from 10:00 – 10:45 am and will be held online using Adobe Connect. You will need working speakers to hear the presenter. It is strongly recommended that you have a high-speed Internet connection to participate in this session.