An additional fitness option just opened up for IU School of Medicine students in Indianapolis. The 10,000-square-foot fitness facility is located in the IUPUI Campus Center on the theater level below Barnes & Noble; the main entrance is next to the bookstore. The space has a high level of compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, with equipment able to accommodate wheelchair use.
The Fitness Center’s hours are 7 a.m. to 10 p.m. Monday through Friday and noon to 10 p.m. Saturday and Sunday.
By the numbers
- 10 treadmills
- 8 ellipticals
- 2 recumbent bikes
- 2 upright bikes
- 2 ClimbMills
- 24 bikes for spin classes
- 12 pin-select weightlifting machines
- 20 weightlifters can fit in the free weight area
- 5 to 100 pounds — the range of dumbbells available
- 8 users at a time can utilize the MX4 studio, a program similar to CrossFit that combines strength, cardio, endurance and power small-group training. The space features slam balls, kettlebells, jump ropes, battle ropes, rowers, self-propelled treadmills and more.
- 80 lockers — 40 in men’s room, 40 in women’s room
- 5 large televisions
- Spring session (March 1 to April 30) — $85 for faculty and staff, $15 for students
- Summer session (May 1 to July 31) — $75 for faculty and staff, $50 for students
- Fall session (Aug. 1 to Dec. 31) — $100 for faculty and staff, $50 for students
- Spring 2019 session (Jan. 1 to April 30) — $100 for faculty and staff, $50 for students
Fitness classes sign-ups can be made online. To sign-up for a membership, vist the membership service desk in the Fitness Center.