The Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology is committed to promoting diversity, equity, inclusion and justice for all people. Our goal is to incorporate and celebrate inclusive practices across all missions of research, education and service while promoting career development in an inclusive manner.
- We advance awareness of cultural differences and engage culturally diverse students, faculty, and staff to feel valued, included, and respected.
- We will foster the vitality of our faculty and trainees and support the retention and recruitment of our department faculty and trainees from all diversity categories inclusive of race, ethnicity, socioeconomic background, gender and age, citizenship, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, caste, and other characteristics that contribute to the diversity of our community.
- We aim to promote wellness and opportunity for all faculty, students, and staff in an inclusive environment. We will provide meaningful support to faculty, students, and staff to ensure equal opportunity for success with attention paid to maintaining a healthy work-life balance.
- We create a welcoming climate and promote the value of diversity, equity, inclusion and justice, especially as it relates to cultivating excellence in research, teaching, and service.
- A DEIJ (Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Justice) committee of diverse departmental representation meets bimonthly to oversee, listen and respond to feedback, and strategize and communicate to the broader faculty on how to implement our goals to increase a diverse representation, an inclusive environment, and ensure justice.