Phone (317) 278-7826
Address 1120 W. Michigan Street, CL 365
Indianapolis , IN 46202
Indianapolis , IN 46202
Dr Lteif earned her MD degree from the American University of Beirut, Lebanon. She did her Internal Medicine residency and Endocrinology fellowship training at Indiana University. She then joined the IU faculty in 2003. She has been involved in various clinical studies. She was the site principal investigator for the VA Diabetes Trial and the VA Nephron-D Trial. She is currently the sub site principal investigator for the PROMINENT and TRAVERSE Trials. Her clinical practice is located at the Roudebush VA hospital. Her main clinical interests include thyroid diseases and procedures, male hypogonadism and osteoporosis.
- Intensive Glucose Control in Patients with Type 2 Diabetes - 15-Year Follow-up. Reaven PD, Emanuele NV, Wiitala WL, Bahn GD, Reda DJ, McCarren M, Duckworth WC, Hayward RA; VADT Investigators. N Engl J Med. 2019 Jun 6;380(23):2215-2224. doi: 10.1056/NEJMoa1806802.
- Palevsky PM, Zhang JH, Seliger SL, Emanuele N, Fried LF; VA NEPHRON-D Study. Clin J Am Soc Nephrol. Incidence, Severity, and Outcomes of AKI Associated with Dual Renin-Angiotensin System Blockade.. 2016 Nov 7;11(11):1944-1953. Epub 2016 Sep 27
- Hayward RA, Reaven PD, Wiitala WL, Bahn GD, Reda DJ, Ge L, McCarren M, Duckworth WC, Emanuele NV; VADT Investigators. Follow-up of glycemic control and cardiovascular outcomes in type 2 diabetes. N Engl J Med. 2015 Jun 4;372(23):2197-206.doi: 10.1056/NEJMoa1414266.
- Fred LF, Emanuele N, Zhang JH, Brophy M, Conner TA, Duckworth W, Leehey DJ, McCullough PA, O'Connor T, Palevsky PM, Reilly RF, Seliger SL, Warren SR, Watnick S, Peduzzi P, Guarino P; VA NEPHRON-D Investigators. Combined Angiotensin inhibition for the treatment of diabetic nephropathy. N Engl J Med. 2013 Nov 14;369(20):1892-903. doi: 10.1056/NEJMoa1303154. Epub 2013 Nov 9.
- Lteif AA, Chisholm RL, Gilbert K, Considine RV, Mather KJ. Effects of Losartan on Whole body, skeletal muscle and vascular insulin responses in obesity/insulin resistance without hypertension. Diebetes Obes Metab, 2012: 14(3):254-261.
- Duckworth W, Abraira C, Moritz T, Reda D, Emanuele N, Reaven PD, Zieve FJ, Marks J, Davis SN, Hayward R, Warren SR, Goldman S, McCarren M, Vitek ME, Henderson WG, Huang GD; VADT Investigators. Glucose control and Vascular Complications in Veterans with Type 2 Diabetes. N Engl J Med. 2009 Jan 8;360(2):129-39. Epub 2008 Dec 17.
- Lteif A., Fulford A., Considine R., Gelfand I., Baron A., Mather K.. Hyperinsulinemia fails to augment ET-1 action in the skeletal muscle vascular bed in vivo in humans. Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab. 2008 Dec;295(6):E1510-7. Epub 2008 Oct 28.
- Lteif, A., Vaishnava P., Baron A., Mather K.. Endothelin limits insulin action in obese/insulin-resistant humans. Diabetes. 2007 March;56( 3):728-34.
- Lteif, K. Han, K. Mather. Obesity, insulin resistance, and the metabolic syndrome: determinants of endothelial dysfunction in whites and blacks. Circulation. 2005 Jul 5; 112(1):32-8.
- Mather, A. Lteif, HO. Steinberg, A. Baron. Interactions between endothelin and nitric oxide in the regulation of vascular tone in obesity and diabetes. Diabetes. 2004 Aug; 53(8): 2060-6.
Titles & Appointments
- Associate Professor of Clinical Medicine
- Fellowship Director
Looking for patient care?
To schedule an appointment with a faculty member physician of IU School of Medicine, contact Indiana University Health at 888-484-3258 or use the physician finder by clicking the button below.