Cathy C. Schubert, MD
Associate Professor of Clinical Medicine
Dr. Cathy C. Schubert joined the Indiana University School of Medicine faculty in Geriatrics in 2004 and has forged a career implementing, studying and sustaining innovative models of care for medically and psychosocially complex older adults across all clinical venues (inpatient, outpatient, and home-based) and within multiple types of health systems. She enjoys myriad leadership roles, including the Chief of Geriatrics at the R. L. Roudebush VA Medical Center in Indianapolis and Director of Geriatrics for Indiana University School of Medicine.
Schubert CC, Parks R, Coffing JM, Daggy J, Slaven JE, Weiner M. Outcomes of Mobile Acute Care for Elders (MACE) Consultation in a Veterans Affairs Medical Center. Journal of the American Geriatrics Society 2018.
General Internal Medicine
Eskenazi Fifth Third Office Building 1101 W. 10th St.
Indianapolis , IN 46202-2879
Titles & Appointments
- Mary Elizabeth Mitchell Scholar of Geriatrics
- Director, IU School of Medicine Geriatrics Program
- Section Chief of Geriatrics, VAMC, Indianapolis, IN.
- Medical Director, Contract Nursing Home Service, VAMC, Indianapolis, IN.
- Medical Director, GRACE Team Care, VAMC, Indianapolis, IN.
- Medical Director, Acute Care of Elders Program, VAMC, Indianapolis, IN.
- Medical Director, Geriatric Consultation Clinic, VAMC, Indianapolis, IN
Implementation, outcomes, and sustainment of innovative clinical programs
Implementing Geriatric Resources for Assessment and Care of Elders Team Care in a Veterans Affairs Medical Center: Lessons Learned and Effects Observed.
Improving medical student attitudes toward older patients through a "council of elders" and reflective writing experience.
Desc: Tony and Mary Hulman Health Achievement Award in Geriatrics