635 Barnhill Dr
MS 2031 A
Indianapolis, IN 46202-5120
Dr. Evans-Molina earned her M.D. degree from Marshall University in Huntington, WV and completed her residency training in Internal Medicine at the Massachusetts General Hospital in Boston, MA. She completed her subspecialty training in Endocrinology and Metabolism at the University of Virginia in Charlottesville, VA. While completing her fellowship training, she earned a Ph.D. in Pharmacology, also from the University of Virginia.
Dr. Evans-Molina joined the faculty at Indiana University School of Medicine in 2008, where she is the J.O. Ritchey Professor of Medicine. Dr. Evans-Molina serves as Director of the NIH P30-funded Indiana Diabetes Research Center (IDRC) and as Director of the IDRC Islet and Physiology Core. She directs the Diabetes Reseach Program in the Herman B. Wells Center for Pediatric Research and is a staff physician at the Richard L. Roudebush VA Medical Center. She serves as an Associate Director of the Medical Scientist Training Program at IU and as Associate Director of the Diabetes and Obesity T32 Training Program.
Dr. Evans-Molina is an investigator in the Type 1 Diabetes TrialNet Network, where she serves as a Scientific Advisor and as Chair of the Long-Term Investigative Follow-Up (LIFT) Study. She is also a member of the Rare and Atypical Diabetes (RADIANT) Network. Dr. Evans-Molina is a Co-Executive Director of the Network for Pancreatic Organ Donors with Diabetes (nPOD) and is a Co-PI of the NIH-funded Integrated Islet Distribution Program (IIDP).
Her research is funded by the NIH, VA, and JDRF. She is an editorial board member for the journals Translational Research, Endocrinology, JCI Insight, and Diabetes.
Titles & Appointments
- Director, Indiana Diabetes Research Center
- Eli Lilly and Company Professor of Pediatric Diabetes
- Professor of Pediatrics
- Professor of Medicine
- Adjunct Professor of Anatomy, Cell Biology & Physiology
- Adjunct Professor of Biochemistry & Molecular Biology
- Indiana Diabetes Research Center
- Islet and Physiology Core, Indiana Diabetes Research Center
- Director of the Center for Diabetes and Metabolic Diseases
- Diabetes Research Program, Herman B Wells Center for Pediatric Research
- Co-Executive Director, Network for Pancreatic Organ Donors with Diabetes (nPOD)
- Co-Principal Investigator of the Integrated Islet Distribution Program (IIDP)