Stephen P. Bogdewic, PhD
Executive Vice Dean
In his role as the first Executive Vice Dean, Professor Bogdewic is responsible for school-wide strategic planning, departmental reviews, and strategic alignment with the health care system. Prior to serving as Vice Dean, he served for nine years as Executive Associate Dean for Faculty Affairs and Professional Development, where he directed academic affairs, faculty development, diversity affairs, and programs for the advancement of women. He holds faculty appointments in the departments of Family Medicine and Pediatrics, as well as in the School of Public & Environmental Affairs. Dr. Bogdewic also served as the director of a national faculty development fellowship program at the School of Medicine at the University of North Carolina from 1986-1991. Prior to joining academic medicine he served as pilot for seven years in the United States Navy.
Awards, Honors & Certifications
· Association of American Colleges Group on Faculty Affairs Carole J Bland Phronesis Award (2012)
· Association of American Medical Colleges Women in Medicine and Science Leadership Development Award (2009)
· Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society (2008)
· Teaching Excellence Recognition Award, Indiana University (1999)
· Excellence in Education Award, Society of Teachers of Family Medicine (1999)
Titles & Appointments
- Dr. George W. Copeland Professor of Family Medicine
- Adjunct Professor of Medicine
- Adjunct Professor of Pediatrics
- Professor, Part-Time, School of Public & Environmental Affairs
Dr. Bogdewic’s research interests include faculty development, leadership and organizational development, clinical teaching skills, and qualitative research methods. He has served as a consultant to over fifty organizations in the areas of organizational development and faculty vitality and has conducted several hundred invited presentations nationally in the area of leadership development and faculty development. He is also a licensed marriage and family therapist and maintains an active clinical practice.
American Association of Marriage and Family Therapists