Dr. Nian Wang has been a member of the Indiana University School of Medicine Department of Radiology and Imaging Sciences faculty since Oct. 2020. He received his Ph.D. degree at Chinese Academy of Sciences. Before he joined IU, he worked at Duke University, first as a research associate and then as an assistant professor at the Center for In Vivo Microscopy (CIVM). Dr. Wang’s interests include developing novel MRI acquisition and reconstruction methods for various brain diseases and musculoskeletal disorders.
Lab website: https://medicine.iu.edu/faculty-labs/wang
1. Carter S, Maharjan S, Qi Y, Zhao Q, Cofer G, Cook JJ, Johnson GA, Wang N*, Resolution and b value dependent Structural Connectome in ex vivo Mouse Brain, Neuroimage, 2022, 255, 119199 (Cover Article)
2. Wang N, Anderson R, Ashbrook David, Gopalakrishnan V, Park Y, Priebe C, Qi Y, Laoprasert R, Vogelstein J, Williams RW, Johnson GA*. “Variability and heritability of mouse brain structure: microscopic MRI atlases and connectomes for diverse strains”, NeuroImage, 2020, 222, 117274 (Cover Article)
3. Wang N*, White L, Cofer G, Qi Y, Anderson R, Johnson GA*. “Cytoarchitecture of the mouse brain by high resolution diffusion magnetic resonance imaging”, NeuroImage, 2020, 216, 116876
4. Wang N*, Zhang J, Cofer G, Qi Y, Anderson R, Johnson GA*. “Neurite orientation dispersion and density imaging of mouse brain microstructure”, Brain Structure and Function, 2019, 224, 1797-1813
5. Wang N, Zhuang J, Wei HJ, Dibb R, Qi Y, Liu CL*. “Probing demyelination and remyelination of the cuprizone mouse model using multimodality MRI”, Journal of Magnetic Resonance Imaging, 2019, 50, 1852-1865
6. Wang N, Anderson R, Badea A, Cofer G, Dibb R, Qi Y, Johnson GA*. “Whole mouse brain structural connectomics using magnetic resonance histology”, Brain Structure and Function, 2018, 223, 4323-4335
7. Cronin M#, Wang N#, Decker K, Wei H, Zhu W, Liu CL*. “Exploring the origins of TE-dependent QSM measurements in healthy tissue and cerebral microbleeds”, NeuroImage, 2017, 149, 98-113 (# equal contribution)
8. Wang N, Farid B, Xia Y*. “Resolution-dependent Influences of Compressed Sensing in Quantitative T2 Mapping of Articular Cartilage”, NMR in Biomedicine, 2020, 10, e4260
9. Wang N*, Mirando JA, Cofer G, Qi Y, Hilton JM, Johnson GA. “Characterization Complex Collagen Fiber Architecture in Knee Joint Using High Resolution Diffusion Imaging”, Magnetic Resonance in Medicine, 2020, 84, 908-919.
10. Wang N*, Mirando JA, Cofer G, Qi Y, Hilton JM, Johnson GA. “Diffusion Tractography of the Rat Knee at Microscopic Resolution”, Magnetic Resonance in Medicine, 2019, 81, 3775-3786 (Cover Article)
11. Wang N, Farid B, Xia Y. “Experimental Influences to the Accurate Measurement of Cartilage Thickness in MRI”, Cartilage, 2019, 10, 278-287
12. Wang N, Badar F, Xia Y*. “Quantitative determination of GAG concentration in cartilage by microscopic MRI”, Magnetic Resonance in Medicine, 2018, 79, 3163-3171
Titles & Appointments
- Assistant Professor of Radiology & Imaging Sciences