702 Rotary Cir
Indianapolis, IN 46202-5175
Dr. Lammert is a tenure track Assistant Professor, practicing hepatologist, and translational researcher in autoimmune liver disorders. During his fellowship at Mayo Clinic, he received mentorship from Dr. Kostas Lazaridis, a prominent hepatogenomics expert focusing on cholestatic liver disorders such as primary biliary cholangitis and primary sclerosing cholangitis. Upon arriving at IU, Dr. Lammert started to focus on autoimmune hepatitis as it was related to some of his earlier research in drug induced liver injury and primary biliary cholangitis and also because there are many knowledge gaps. He has established a prospective study of well phenotyped patients with AIH and has been able to invest energy into novel approaches to recruit patients with rare diseases such as AIH into research studies. Dr. Lammert has also established the Autoimmune Hepatitis Association (AIHA) in 2015. The AIHA is a not-for-profit organization committed to advancing the lives of patients with AIH through education, advocacy and research.
1. Lammert C, Imler T, Teal E, Chalasani N. Patients With Chronic Liver Disease Suggestive of Nonalcoholic Fatty Liver Disease May Be at Higher Risk for Drug-Induced Liver Injury. Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2019 Dec;17(13):2814-2815
2. Lammert C, Zhu C, Lian Y, Raman I, Eckert G, Quan L, Chalasani N. Lammert C, Zhu C, Lian Y, Raman I, Eckert G, Li QZ, Chalasani N. Exploratory Study of Autoantibody Profiling in Drug-Induced Liver Injury with an Autoimmune Phenotype. Hepatol Commun. 2020 Sep 1;4(11):1651-1663
3. Lammert C, Chalasani SN, Atkinson EJ, McCauley BM, Lazaridis KN. Environmental risk factors are associated with autoimmune hepatitis. Liver Int. 2021;41(10):2396-2403.
4. Lammert C, Comerford M, Love J, Bailey JR. Investigation Gone Viral: Application of the Social Mediasphere in Research. Gastroenterology. 2015 Oct;149(4):839–43. PMCID: PMC4827767.
5. Kulanthaivel A, Fogel R, Jones J, Lammert C. Digitial Cohorts Within the Social Mediome: An Approach to Circumvent Conventional Research Challenges? Clinical Journal of Hep. 2017 May;15(5):614-618. PMCID: PMC5407392.
Titles & Appointments
- Assistant Professor of Medicine