IB Building, Suite 400
Indianapolis, IN 46202
Dr. Chandan K. Sen is a J. Stanley Battersby Chair and Professor of Surgery, Director of the Indiana Center for Regenerative Medicine and Engineering (ICRME), and Executive Director of the Comprehensive Wound Care Center at IU Methodist Hospital. At IU, he serves as Associate Vice President of Research. At the IU School of Medicine, he serves as Associate Dean of Research. At Indiana University Health, Dr. Sen is the Executive Director of the Comprehensive Wound Center. Dr. Sen is recognized as a Lilly INCITE scholar.
After completing his Masters of Science in Human Physiology from the University of Calcutta, Dr. Sen received his PhD in Physiology from the University of Eastern Finland. Dr. Sen trained as a postdoctoral fellow at the University of California at Berkeley's Molecular and Cell Biology department. His first faculty appointment was in the Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.
In 2000, Dr. Sen moved to The Ohio State University where he was tenured John H & Mildred C Lumley Professor of Surgery, Executive Director of The Ohio State University Comprehensive Wound Center and Director of the Ohio State University's Center for Regenerative Medicine & Cell Based Therapies. Dr. Sen's primary areas of research interest include tissue injury, repair, regeneration, and infection. His group has pioneered the Tissue Nanotransfection (TNT) technology in regenerative medicine and received the 2018 Edison Award for Innovation. Dr. Sen's work has also led to electroceutical management of tissue infection. In 2016, this technology received the Frost & Sullivan award for new product innovation. In 2022, Dr. Sen was elected as Fellow of the National Academy of Inventors. Dr. Sen has published more than 300 peer reviewed publications and a dozen books which are currently cited more than 44,000 times in literature.
Titles & Appointments
- Associate Vice President of Military & Applied Research
- Associate Dean for Entrepreneurial Research
- Distinguished Professor
- J. Stanley Battersby Professor of Surgery
- Adjunct Professor of Anatomy, Cell Biology & Physiology
- Adjunct Professor, Community and Health Systems, School of Nursing
- Director, Indiana Center for Regenerative Medicine and Engineering
- Vice Chair of Research, Department of Surgery
- Executive Director, IU Health Comprehensive Wound Center
- Associate Director, Indiana Clinical and Translational Sciences Institute
- Lilly Endowment INCITE Scholar