Jie Zhang, PhD
Assistant Professor of Medical & Molecular Genetics
B.S. in Biological Sciences and Biotechnology, Tshinghua University, China
1. J.Zhang, K.Huang, “Pan-cancer analysis of frequent DNA co-methylation patterns reveals consistent epigenetic landscape changes in multiple cancers”, BMC Genomics, 2017 Jan 25;18(Suppl 1):1045. doi: 10.1186/s12864-016-3259-0.
2. J. Zhang, Z. Abrams, J. D. Parvin, K. Huang. “Integrative analysis of somatic mutations and transcriptomic data to functionally stratify breast cancer patients”. BMC Genomics. 2016 Aug 22;17 Suppl 7: 513.
3. J. Zhang, K. Huang, “Normalized lmQCM: An Algorithm for Detecting Weak Quasi-Cliques in Weighted Graph with Applications in Gene Co-Expression Module Discovery in Cancers”. Cancer Inform. 2016 Jul 24;13(Suppl 3):137-46.
4. S. Shroff *, J. Zhang*, K. Huang, “Gene Co-Expression Analysis Predicts Genetic Variants Associated with Drug Responsiveness in Lung Cancer”, AMIA Joint Summits Transl Sci Proc. 2016 Jul 20; 2016: 32-41. (* equal contributions, Winner of the Marco Ramoni Distinguished Paper award)
5. T. Bailey, P. Krajewski, I. Ladunga, C. Lefebvre, Q. Li, T. Liu, P. Madrigal, C. Taslim, J. Zhang, “Practical Guidelines for the Comprehensive Analysis of ChIP-seq data”, PloS Comp. Biol. Nov 14, 2013, 9(11): e1003326, DOI: 10.1371/journal.pcbi.1003326
6. Y. Xiang, J. Zhang, K. Huang. Mining tissue-tissue gene co-expression network for tumor microenvironment study and biomarker prediction, BMC Genomics,14(S5): S4, 2013.
7. J. Zhang, S. Ni, Y. Xiang, J. D. Parvin, Y. Yang, Y. Zhou, K. Huang, “Gene co-expression analysis predicts chromosomal aberration loci associated with colon cancer metastasis”, Special Issue for ICIBM Conference, International Journal of Computational Biology and Drug Design, Int J Comput Biol Drug Des. 6(1-2): 60-71, 2013.
8. J. Zhang, K. Lu, Y. Xiang, M. Islam, S. Kotian, Z. Kais, C. Lee, M. Arora, H. Liu, J. D. Parvin, K. Huang, “Weighted Frequent Gene Co-expression Network Mining to Identify Genes Involved in Genome Stability”, PLoS Comput. Biol. 8(8): e1002656. doi:10.1371 /journal.pcbi.1002656, 2012.
9. J. Zhang, J. D. Parvin, K. Huang, “Redistribution of H3K4me2 on neural tissue specific genes during mouse brain development”, BMC Genomics, 13 (suppl.8): S5, 2012.
Titles & Appointments
- Adjunct Assistant Professor, School of Informatics & Computing
- Assistant Professor in Center for Computational Biology and Bioinformatics
I started my career in the biochemistry field with enzyme structure-function characterization. Later, with the emergence of high throughput sequencing techniques, I switched to bioinformatics analysis and mine the correlation networks from different types of omics data. My research interest is focused on developing and applying translational bioinformatics and system biology methods to identify disease genes, pathways, and biomarkers with applications in cancers, neurological diseases, and other types of diseases.