1. Alghnam S, Alqahtani F, Cook L, Bell TM, Castillo R. Maternal and child health following injuries: A two-year follow-up of a nationally representative sample. Public Health, In press.
2. Ogbemudia B, Raymond J, Vetor A, Hatcher L, Rouse T, Carroll AE, Bell TM. Assessing Outpatient Follow-up Care Compliance, Complications, and Sequelae in Children Hospitalized for Isolated Traumatic Abdominal Injuries. J Ped Surg, In press.
3. Qiao N, Carroll AE, Bell TM. Factors affecting the Affordable Care Act Marketplace stand-alone pediatric dental plan premiums. J Public Health Dent. 2018 Sep 20.
4. Alghnam S, Towhari J, Alkeya M, Binahmad A, Bell TM. The effectiveness of introducing detection cameras on compliance with mobile phone and seatbelt laws: a before-after study among drivers in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. Inj Epidemiol. 2018 Aug 6;5(1):31
5. Bell TM, Vetor A, Zarzaur BL. "Prevalence and Treatment of Depression and Posttraumatic Stress Disorder among Trauma Patients with Non-neurological Injuries. J Trauma. In press
6. McKinley TO, McCarroll T, Metzger C, Zarzaur BL, Savage SA, Bell TM, Gaski GE. Shock Volume: Patient-Specific Cumulative Hypoperfusion Predicts Organ Dysfunction in a Prospective Cohort of Multiply Injured Patients. J Trauma Acute Care Surg. Jul;85(1S Suppl 2):S84-S91
7. Drucker N, McDuffie L, Groh E, Hackworth J, Bell T Physical Examination is the Best Predictor of the Need for Abdominal Surgery in Children Following Motor Vehicle Collision. The J Emerg Med. 2017 Oct 26
8. Bell TM, Gilyan D, Moore BA, Martin J, Ogbemudia B, McLaughlin BE, Moore R, Simons, CJ, Zarzaur BL. Long-term Evaluation of a Hospital-Based Violence Intervention Program using a Regional Health Information Exchange. J Trauma Acute Care Surg. 2018 Jan;84(1):175-182.
10. Jenkins PC, Stokes S, Bell TM, & Zarzaur BL. Clinical Indicators of Hemorrhagic Shock in Pregnancy. Trauma Surgery & Acute Care Open;2:e000112. doi: 10.1136/tsaco-2017-000112
11. Milgrom DP, Koniaris LG, Valsangkar NP, Lad N, Bell TM, Wojcik B, Zimmers TA. An Assessment of the Academic Impact of Shock Society Members. Shock. 2017 Nov 3.
12. Bell TM, Stokes S, Jenkins PC, Hatcher L, Fecher AM. Prevalence of Cardiovascular and Respiratory Complications Following Trauma in Patients with Obesity. Heart Lung. 2017 Sep - Oct;46(5):347-350.
13. Zarzaur BL, Bell TM, Zanskas SA. Resiliency and Quality of Life Trajectories after Injury. J Trauma Acute Care Surg. 2017 May;82(5):939-945
14. Qiao N & Bell TM. Indigenous Adolescents' Suicidal Behaviors and Risk factors: Evidence from the National Youth Risk Behavior Survey. J Immigr Minor Health. 2017 Jun;19(3):590-597.
15. Bell TM, Bayt DR, Jenkins PC, Stokes SM, Yoder J, and Fecher AM. Infectious Complications in Obese Patients Following Trauma Journal of Surgical Research. J Surg Res. 2016 Aug;204(2):393-397
16. Bell T.M., Valsangkar N, Joshi M, Mayo J, Blanton C, Zimmers T, Torbeck L, & Koniaris L. The role of PhD faculty in advancing research in departments of surgery. Ann Surg. 2017 Jan;265(1):111-115
17. Zarzaur B.L. & Bell T.M. Trajectory Subtypes after Injury: Implications in the Era of Patient Centered Outcomes. Journal of Surgical Research, 2016 May 1;202(1):103-10.
18. Bell T.M., Qiao N., Fecher A.M. Trends in emergency department visits for nonfatal violence-related injuries among adolescents in the United States, 2009-2013. Journal of Adolescent Health 2016 May;58(5):573-5.
19. Qiao N. & Bell T.M. State all-driver distracted driving laws and high school students' texting while driving behavior. Traffic Inj Prev. 2;17(1):5-8.
20. Soleimani T., Bell T.M., Greathouse S.T., Sood R., Tahiri Y., Flores R.L., Nosrati N., Tholpady, S.S. Epidemiology and Cause-Specific Outcome of Facial Fracture in Hospitalized Children. J Craniomaxillofac Surg. 43(10):1979-85.
13. Gaski G., Frantz T., Steenburg S., Bell T., McKinley T. Large magnitude pelvic damage predicts organ failure. Clinical Orthopaedics and Related Research 2016 Jun;474(6):1410-6.
14. Bayt D.R. & Bell T.M. Trends in pediatric sports-related injuries presenting to US emergency departments, 2001-2013. Inj Prev. 2016 Oct;22(5):361-4.
15. Savage S.A., Sumislawski J.J., Bell T.M., & Zarzaur B.L. Utilizing group-based trajectory modeling to understand patterns of hemorrhage and resuscitation. Ann Surg. 2016 Dec;264(6):1135-1141.
16. Bell T.M., Zarzaur B.L., Wang, J., Nolly R., Ozdenerol E., & Relyea G. Predictors of functional status trajectories after injury in a nationally representative U.S. older adult population. Ann Epidemiol. 25(12):894-900.
17. Shahan C.P., Bell T.M., Paulus E., & Zarzaur BL. Emergency General Surgery Outcomes at Safety Net Hospitals. J Surg Res. 196(1):113-7.
18. Bell T.M., Boustany K.C., & Zarzaur B.L. Trauma Center Volume and Its Relationship to Complication, Failure to Rescue, and Mortality Outcomes. J Surg Res. 196(2):350-7.
19. Bell T.M. & Zarzaur B.L. Smoker’s Paradox’ in Patients Treated for Severe Injuries: Lower Risk of Mortality after Trauma Observed in Current Smokers. Nicotine Tob Res. (12):1499-504.
20. Bell T.M., Qiao N., & Zarzaur B.L. Mature Driver Laws and State Predictors of Motor Vehicle Crash Fatality Rates among the Elderly. Traffic Inj Prev. 16(7):669-76.
21. Bell T.M. & Zarzaur B.L. The Impact of Pre-Existing Comorbidities on Failure to Rescue Outcomes in Non-Elderly Trauma Patients. J Trauma Acute Care Surg. 78(2):312-7.
22. Bell T.M. & Zarzaur B.L. Insurance Status Is a Predictor of Failure-to-Rescue in Trauma Patients at Both Safety Net and Non-Safety Net Hospitals. J Trauma Acute Care Surg 2 (4):728-33.
23. Zarzaur B. L., Bell T.M., Croce M.A., & Fabian T.C. Geographic variation in susceptibility to ventilator-associated pneumonia after traumatic injury. J Trauma Acute Care Surg 75(2):234-40.