Indiana University School of Medicine Professor of Clinical Pathology and Laboratory Medicine July 1, 2016- present
Indiana University School of Medicine Associate Professor of Clinical Pathology and Lab Medicine January 2010 – June 2016
IU Health North Hospital Chair of the Pathology Section of IU Health North Medical Staff January 1, 2020- present
IU Health North Hospital Laboratory Director of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine December 21, 2019- present
Indiana University Health Physicians Pathologist October 2015- Present
Indiana Pathology Institute Pathologist January 2010- September 2015
East Central Indiana Pathologists Pathologist June 1994- December 2009
Ball Memorial Hospital Pathology Residency Associate Program Director August 1999- December 2009
Ball Memorial Hospital Director of Surgical Pathology October 2000- December 2009
Most recent since 2012
- Wu HH, Rose C, Elsheikh TM. The Bethesda System for Reporting Thyroid Cytopathology- an Experience of 1,382 Cases in a Community Practice Setting with the Implication for Risk of Neoplasm and Risk of Malignancy. Diagn. Cytopathol. 2012;40:399-403
- Adams J, Wu HH. The utility of fine-needle aspiration in the diagnosis of primary and metastatic tumors to the lung, a retrospective examination of 1032 cases. Acta Cytol. 2012;56:590-595 doi: 10.1159/000342935.
- Marks, R. Cramer H. Wu HH. Fine needle aspiration cytology of basaloid squamous cells carcinoma and small cell carcinoma- a comparison study. Diagn Cytopathol. 2013 Jan;41(1):81-4. doi: 10.1002/dc.21853.
- Chen S, Wu HH, Cramer H. Fine needle aspiration cytology of a clear cell (Lipid-Rich) pancreatic neuroendocrine tumor in a patient without von Hippel-Lindau disease. Cytopathology. 2013 Jun;24(3):197-8 doi: 10.1111/j.1365-2303.2012.00975.
- Ferguson J, Chamberlain P, Cramer HM, Wu HH*†. ER, PR, and Her2 immunocytochemistry on cell-transfer cytologic smears of primary and metastatic breast carcinomas- a comparison study with formalin-fixed cell blocks and surgical biopsies. Diagn Cytopathol. 2013 Jul;41(7):575-81. doi: 10.1002/dc.22897. Epub 2012 Jul 16
- Wu HH, Jones KJ, Cramer HM. Immunocytochemistry Performed on the Cell-Transferred Direct Smears of the Fine-needle Aspirates: a Comparison study with the Corresponding Formalin-fixed Paraffin Embedded Tissue. Am J Clin Pathol. 2013; 139(6):754-8. doi: 10.1309/AJCP8O7VIGSIXIVS
- Wu HH, Inman A, Cramer HM. Subclassification of “Atypia of Undetermined Significance” in Thyroid Fine-Needle Aspirates. Diagn Cytopathol. 2014; 42(1):23-9. doi: 10.1002/dc.23052.
- Redelman M, Cramer HM, Wu HH. Pancreatic fine-needle aspiration cytology in patients <35-years of age: a retrospective review of 174 cases spanning a 17-year period. Diagn Cytopathol. 2014; 42:297-301 doi: 10.1002/dc.23070.
- Wu HH, Eaton J, Jones K, Cramer HM, Randolph M, Post K, Malek A, Bilbo S, Sen J, Chen S, Cheng L. Utilization of Cell-Transferred Cytologic Smears in Detection of EGFR and KRAS Mutation on Adenocarcinoma of Lung. Mod Pathol. 2014 Jul;27(7):930-5. doi: 10.1038/modpathol.2013.220. Epub 2013 Dec 13.
- Cole CD, Wu HH. Fine-needle aspiration in pediatric patients 12 years of age and younger: a 20-year retrospective study from a single tertiary medical center. Diagn Cytopathol. 2014 Jul;42(7):600-5. doi: 10.1002/dc.23085. Epub 2013 Dec 20.
- Randolph ML, Wu HH, Crabtree WN. Reprocessing Unsatisfactory ThinPrep® Pap Tests Using A Modified SurePath(tm) Preparation Technique. Cancer Cytopathol. 2014; 122:343-8. Doi: 10.1002/cncy.21408
- Chen S, Lin J, Wang X, Wu HH, Cramer H. EUS-guided FNA cytology of pancreatic neuroendocrine tumour (PanNET): a retrospective study of 132 cases over an 18-year period in a single institution. Cytopathology. 2014 Mar 17. doi: 10.1111/cyt.12137. [Epub ahead of print]
- Mckee S., Wu H., Wang X., Cramer H., Lin J., Chen S. Hürthle cell neoplasms diagnosed by FNA are not associated with an increased risk of malignancy. Acta Cytol. 2014;58(3):235-8. doi: 10.1159/000361073.
- Ibrahim AA, Cramer HM, Wu HH. Endoscopic ultrasound-guided fine-needle aspiration of the pancreas: a retrospective study of 1,000 cases. Journal of the American Society of Cytopathology 2014; 3:227-235.
- Marshall A, Cramer HM, Wu HH†. The utility of the cell transfer technique for immunocytochemistry of fine needle aspirates. Cancer Cytopathol. 2014 Dec;122(12):898-902. doi: 10.1002/cncy.21469. Epub 2014 Jul 30.
- Chen S, Randolph M, Cramer HM, Watkins T, McCullough H, Post KM, Sen JD, Cheng L, Wu HH. Detection of BRAF mutation in metastatic melanoma utilizing cell-transferred cytological smears. Acta Cytol. 2014;58(5):478-82. doi: 10.1159/000368273.2014
- Shi Q, Ibrahim A, Herbert K, Carvin M, Randolph M, Post KM, Curless K, Chen S, Cramer HM, Cheng L, Wu HH. Detection of BRAF mutations on direct smears of thyroid fine needle aspirates through cell transfer technique. Am J Clin Pathol. 2015 Apr;143(4):500-4. doi: 10.1309/AJCP5BG0KUEOJCVS
- Wu HH, Redelman M, Chen S, Grignon D, Cramer HM. The Application of the Johns Hopkins Hospital Template on Urine Cytology. Diagn Cytopathol. 2015 Aug;43(8):593-7. doi: 10.1002/dc.23257
- Zhang C, Randolph ML, Jones KJ, Cramer HM, Cheng L, Wu HH. ALK immunocytochemistry on cell-transferred cytologic smears of lung adenocarcinoma. Acta Cytol. 2015;59(2):213-8
- Wu HH, Swadley M. The Bethesda system for reporting thyroid cytopathology: into the clinic. Pathology and Laboratory Medicine International 2015;7:47-54
- Wu HH, Kao CS, Grignon D. Fine needle aspiration cytology of metastatic plasmacytoid urothelial carcinoma- report of four cases including a case of mixed plasmacytoid and micropapillary morphology. Acta Cytol. 2015;59(3):248-52.
- Partyka KL, Huang EC, Cramer HM, Chen S, Wu HH. Hisyologic and clinical follow-up of thyroid fine-needle aspirates in pediatric patients. Cancer Cytopathol. 2016 Jul;124(7):467-71. doi: 10.1002/cncy.21713.
- Yang CS, Chen S, Cramer HM, Wu HH. High apoptotic index in urine cytology is associated with high-grade urothelial carcinoma. Cancer Cytopathol. 2016 Aug;124(8):546-51. doi: 10.1002/cncy.21720.
- Wu HH, Jovonovich SM, Randolph M, Post KM, Sen JD, Curless K, Cheng L. Utilization of cell-transfer technique for molecular testing on Hematoxylin-Eosin-stained sections: a viable option for small biopsies that lack tumor tissues in paraffin block. Arch Pathol Lab Med. Arch Pathol Lab Med. 2016 Dec;140(12):1383-1389.
- Ibrahim A, Wu HH. Fine-needle aspiration cytology of noninvasive follicular variant of papillary thyroid carcinoma is cytomorphologically distinct from the invasive counterpart. Am J Clin Pathol. 2016 Sep;146(3):373-7. doi: 10.1093/ajcp/aqw126.
- Wu HH, Alderman M. Hormone receptor assessment of metastatic breast carcinoma by fine needle aspiration utilizing cell blocks and cell transfer techniques: an immunocytochemical review of 163 consecutive cases. J Cytol Tissue Biol 2016, 3:009
- Chi Z, Wu HH, Cramer H, Lin J, Chen S. Cytologic features useful to prevent errors in the diagnosis of pancreatic adenocarcinoma by fine needle aspiration cytology. Acta Cytol. Accepted for publication Acta Cytol. 2017;61(1):7-16. doi: 10.1159/000451019.
- de Leon, M. C. B., Wu, HH, Lennon, AE, & Del Priore, G. Novel Approach to Outpatient Endometrial Biopsy to Detect Endometrial Cancer. The Journal of Reproductive Medicine, 2016;61(5–6), 243–248.
- La Fortune K., Randolph M, Wu H, Cramer H. Improvements in cell block processing: the cell-gel method. 2017 Jan 31. doi: 10.1002/cncy.21814. [Epub ahead of print]
- Yang CS, Choi E, Idrees T, Chen S, Wu HH. Percutaneous biopsy of renal mass: FNA or core needle biopsy? Cancer Cytopathol 2017;125:407-15. doi: 10.1002/cncy.21852.
- Wu HH. The impact of NIFTP on FNA cytology: can we still diagnose papillary thyroid carcinoma? Journal of Basic & Clinical Medicine 2017;6(1):61-62
- Chen S, Idrees M, Lin J, Wu HH. Fine needle aspiration of central type primitive neuroectodermal tumors in patients with a germ cell tumor. Acta Cytologica 2017; DOI:10.1159/000476025. [Epub ahead of print]
Titles & Appointments
- Professor of Clinical Pathology & Laboratory Medicine
Looking for patient care?
To schedule an appointment with a faculty member physician of IU School of Medicine, contact Indiana University Health at 888-484-3258 or use the physician finder by clicking the button below.