Visionary leaders throughout IU School of Medicine departments and program areas participated on the Strategic Planning Committee. This cross-functional team was passionate about building on the excellence of the school’s medical education and research programs to further enhance the quality of training and population health in Indiana and throughout the world.
Strategic Planning Focus Areas
The school’s 2014-2018 Strategic Plan focused on five core areas, which include the tripartite mission of education, research and clinical care, as well as aspects of fostering a collaborative and productive working and learning environment. Priorities include:
- Improve the health of Indiana’s citizens.
- Maximize success of all learners.
- Ensure the vitality of members of the IU School of Medicine community.
- Build on the strengths of IU School of Medicine and its health partners’ statewide footprint to advance the tripartite mission.
- Advance science and clinical knowledge through innovative research in areas where IU School of Medicine can be distinctive and internationally recognized.
- Translate discoveries into new diagnostics, treatments and cures.
- Build an information and technology platform that will support the advancement of IU School of Medicine’s research, education and service missions.
The new strategic plan will address these topic areas as well.