IU School of Medicine is the largest medical school in the United States. Comprised of five basic science departments and 20 clinical departments, IU School of Medicine offers exceptional training for students wishing to pursue a medical degree. With the Class of 2020, the school implemented a new medical education curriculum that better reflects the modern U.S. health care environment and delivery models, readying students to practice medicine in a team-based, interdisciplinary setting.
- Statewide medical education centers on six core competencies.
- Access to diverse patient populations reflects true state of care today.
- Updates align innovations in medical science and education.
- Global outreach, clinical education programs foster active learning.
- Collaborative teaching and learning forges interprofessional bonds.
- Academic advising and career counseling support and guide students.