Scholarly Concentrations Priority Placement Program
Through the Scholarly Concentrations Priority Placement Program, students can gain admittance to their preferred regional campus and secure placement in the Scholarly Concentrations program. Scholarly Concentrations is an optional learning opportunity that empowers medical students to pursue a focused area of study—such as Quality and Innovation in Health Care; Ethics, Equity and Justice; and other relevant topics in modern health care.
In order to be considered for the Class of 2024 cycle, eligible students must apply to Indiana University School of Medicine by submitting an AMCAS application early—with a recommended submission date of no later than the end of July 2019. Upon receipt and review of the AMCAS application, the IU School of Medicine MD Admissions team will invite qualified applicants to apply to the program before September 1, 2019.
Applying to the Scholarly Concentrations Priority Placement Program offers many benefits, including:
- Early notice of an admission decision in December
- Priority placement to a preferred regional campus
- Experience and an academic credential in a topic of interest—without extending the four-year MD training or accruing any additional tuition or fees
- Engagement in scholarly work that can lead to a peer-reviewed publication and help students stand out in residency interviews
- Customized education and mentorship from the school’s world-class experts
Program Eligibility and Requirements
In order to be considered for the Scholarly Concentrations Priority Placement Program, applicants must:
- Have a minimum 507 MCAT score and 3.5 GPA (science and overall)
- Apply to Indiana University School of Medicine through the central AMCAS application by the end of July 2019
Students who then receive an invitation from IU School of Medicine to apply to the program must complete the additional application no later than September 1, 2019
Eligible Concentration Topics and Locations
To choose a concentration, students are encouraged to explore Scholarly Concentration topics and find out why current students love each campus. Please note that Indianapolis topics are not eligible for the program.