MD Admissions Interview
MD Admissions interviews are held on Wednesdays at IU School of Medicine campuses in Evansville, Fort Wayne, Gary, Indianapolis, Muncie, Terre Haute and South Bend. Applicants may select the interview location, but the interview date and time is determined by the Office of Admissions based upon availability. In most cases, two interviewers meet with each applicant, but this is not a guarantee. Note: To avoid delays, applicants may be assigned a different interview location depending upon availability. Rescheduling is not recommended unless extenuating circumstances exist.
Applicants spend a half day on campus, morning or afternoon, on interview day. In addition to the interview, the day includes a general information session and a session on financial aid as well as opportunities to meet current medical students to learn about student life at IU School of Medicine.
To make the best possible impression during the admissions interview for medical school, these tips offer some guidance.
- Research Indiana University School of Medicine and become familiar with the new MD curriculum.
- Be professional at all times. Professionalism includes attire, interactions with interviewers, school staff and students—by email, telephone and in-person. The evaluation process is ongoing until a final admission decision has been issued.
- Check-in at the reception area upon arrival on interview day.
- Do not leave any materials with interviewers. All admissions materials must be submitted to the MD Admissions Office in Indianapolis.
- Allow adequate time to find the interview location based on the walking directions provided by IU School of Medicine.
- Snacks are provided throughout the day, but applicants are responsible for covering their own meals on interview day.
- The possibility of down time on interview day exists. Applicants can use this time to explore the campus, speak with current medical students, or grab a snack.
- Student hosts are not a guarantee. If an applicant requests a host and does not receive a response within three days of the scheduled interview, arrange for other accommodations.
- Applicants who interview at IU and do not receive an offer, may contact Admissions to schedule a consultation.