Levelling Up: New IT Structure Offers Specialized Services Statewide
I’m excited about the efficiencies and creative thinking we can accomplish together through schoolwide deployment of accomplished IT specialists working as part of the three new specialized teams:
- Data and Development (led by Marwan Hanania) focuses our business intelligence, data warehousing and application development needs.
- Client Experience (led by Patrick Phillips) ensures that faculty, staff and learners across the state experience reliable and innovative technologies that support and enhance teaching, learning, research and patient care.
- Security Operations (led by Jason Bozarth) ensures that the school’s digital systems are online and available to faculty and staff, operating efficiently, and protected from threats.
With integrated and secure systems that users throughout the school can use with ease, IU School of Medicine can:
- Develop a common information and technology platform to organize and have accessible all research, academic affairs, operational and educational data.
- Develop a transparent culture based on measurement and accountability where everyone understands the key performance indicators that are the highest priority for the institution.
- Become a national leader in the integration of advanced and emerging technologies into the training of medical students, residents and fellows.
Ultimately, my intent for this new collaborative structure for IT at IU School of Medicine is to improve communication, increase the exchange of ideas among people doing similar work throughout the school, and create a productive community among all staff focusing on Technology Affairs.
The views expressed in this content represent the perspective and opinions of the author and may or may not represent the position of Indiana University School of Medicine.