Additional research space for the Department of Surgery exists in the Medical Research and Library Building (IB) that contains two large animate operating rooms dedicated to the Department of Surgery and houses the Department of Surgery Center for Advanced Surgical Technology.
IU School of Medicine–Indianapolis is a state-of-the-art research campus that includes in vitro, in vivo bench research and translational research as well as clinical trials.
Surgery Resident Research
The IU School of Medicine Department of Surgery faculty is actively involved in a myriad of clinical projects independently, in the setting of national trials as well as with collaborators at Indiana University, Purdue and Notre Dame.
Center for Outcomes Research in Surgery
Surgery Summer Research Program
Students selected for the program receive a $2500 stipend for an eight-week rotation. Mentors of the program include Brian Brewer, MD; Leonidas Koniaris, MD; Milan Radovich, PhD; Bruce Robb, MD; and Teresa Zimmers, PhD. Additional questions may be directed to Dr. Koniaris.
Surgery Research Blog
- Surgery faculty member talks about new role as Associate Director for Outcomes Research for the IU Health, Comprehensive Wound Center
- Transplant surgery celebrates Legacy of Hope
- Young Surgeons Council brings fresh corporate ideas to academia
- ICRME MD learner gets $6,000 scholarship
- Orthopaedic surgeon taking ‘victory lap’ with Indy fellowship
- Ekser receives prestigious American Society of Transplant Surgeons (ASTS) grant