Additional research space for the Department of Surgery exists in the Medical Research and Library Building (IB) that contains two large animate operating rooms dedicated to the Department of Surgery and houses the Department of Surgery Center for Advanced Surgical Technology.
IU School of Medicine–Indianapolis is a state-of-the-art research campus that includes in vitro, in vivo bench research and translational research as well as clinical trials.
Surgery Resident Research
The IU School of Medicine Department of Surgery faculty is actively involved in a myriad of clinical projects independently, in the setting of national trials as well as with collaborators at Indiana University, Purdue and Notre Dame.
Center for Outcomes Research in Surgery
Surgery Summer Research Program
Students selected for the program receive a $2,500 stipend for an eight-week rotation. For more information and to apply please visit the IMPRS summer program application.
Surgery Research Blog
- Ringside with Department of Surgery’s Alan Sawchuck
- Study: Molecule could be key in healing diabetic wounds
- Trauma surgeons work with group to help reduce local youth violence
- IU School of Medicine fellow helps deliver surgical care across the world
- IU School of Medicine transplant team hosts Transplant Matters
- IU School of Medicine improving breast cancer surgery