Additional research space for the Department of Surgery exists in the Medical Research and Library Building (IB) that contains two large animate operating rooms dedicated to the Department of Surgery and houses the Department of Surgery Center for Advanced Surgical Technology.
YOU ARE EXPLORING
IU School of Medicine–Indianapolis is a state-of-the-art research campus that includes in vitro, in vivo bench research and translational research as well as clinical trials.
Surgery Resident Research
The IU School of Medicine Department of Surgery faculty is actively involved in a myriad of clinical projects independently, in the setting of national trials as well as with collaborators at Indiana University, Purdue and Notre Dame.
Center for Outcomes Research in Surgery
Surgery Summer Research Program
Students selected for the program receive a $2500 stipend for an eight-week rotation. Mentors of the program include Brian Brewer, MD; Leonidas Koniaris, MD; Milan Radovich, PhD; Bruce Robb, MD; and Teresa Zimmers, PhD. Additional questions may be directed to Dr. Koniaris.
Surgery Research Blog
- IU School of Medicine research awarded military grant funding for wound dressing study
- Basketball star looks to become MVP surgeon
- IU School of Medicine surgery resident honored with IUPUI award
- IU School of Medicine faculty helps adult liver transplant program achieve 3rd rank in U.S.
- Surgeon prescribes dance for improving health
- A life-work balance beyond surgery