Additional research space for the Department of Surgery exists in the Medical Research and Library Building (IB) that contains two large animate operating rooms dedicated to the Department of Surgery and houses the Department of Surgery Center for Advanced Surgical Technology.
YOU ARE EXPLORING
IU School of Medicine–Indianapolis is a state-of-the art research campus that includes in vitro, in vivo bench research and translational research as well as clinical trials.
Surgery Resident Research
The IU School of Medicine Department of Surgery faculty is actively involved in a myriad of clinical projects independently, in the setting of national trials as well as with collaborators at Indiana University, Purdue and Notre Dame.
Center for Outcomes Research in Surgery
Surgery Summer Research Program
Students selected for the program receive a $2500 stipend for an eight-week rotation. Mentors of the program include Brian Brewer, MD; Leonidas Koniaris, MD; Milan Radovich, PhD; Bruce Robb, MD; and Teresa Zimmers, PhD. Additional questions may be directed to Dr. Koniaris.
- Researchers review way to possibly prevent miscarriages
- When to start pushing: new study could change when women push during labor
- Watanabe Translational Research Prize Seeks Nominations
- Cancer researchers find new targets to alleviate anemia during chemotherapy
- IU School of Medicine, IU Health partner to launch precision health pilot at IU North
- XLH patient says new drug is giving her hope for the future