Research in the Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation at Indiana University School of Medicine makes life-changing recovery possible after injury and illness. Through research on motor recovery, emotion regulation, prognosis and rehabilitation outcomes, investigators help people walk, communicate, think and love again.
The department offers an excellent environment for research success and supports four research centers with some of the world’s top researchers and state-of-the-art facilities.
Traumatic Brain Injury Model System Center
Locomotor Recovery Center
Brain Rehabilitation, Advanced Imaging, and Neuroscience Center
Indiana Spinal Cord/Traumatic Brain Injury Hospital Database
- Providing care to patients, caregivers struggling with Alzheimer’s
- Experts answer the internet’s most searched questions about Type 1 diabetes
- IU School of Medicine researcher awarded Susan G. Komen grant
- IU School of Medicine designated center of excellence in Parkinson’s disease
- Dr. Aaron Carroll shares his research live on “CBS This Morning”
- Indiana CTSI forms a cricket team and a greater focus on diversity and inclusion