Indiana University School of Medicine—Fort Wayne
As the second-largest metropolitan area in the state, Fort Wayne offers an urban education setting that’s rich with medical resources and full-time faculty. IU School of Medicine-Fort Wayne is located on the campus of Purdue Fort Wayne along with the IU Fort Wayne health science programs.
Led by national experts in their fields, the medical education program at IU School of Medicine-Fort Wayne follows the school’s statewide core curriculum. The Fort Wayne campus offers small class sizes and personal one-on-one time with faculty. Students participate in clerkships at the numerous Lutheran Health Network and Parkview Regional Medical Center hospitals, engage in multiple forms of learning, and collaborate with faculty to deepen medical understanding and practice.
Live and Learn in Fort Wayne
“Fort Wayne is an amazing place to learn medicine because we, as students, get to know all of our professors and staff personally. We also become really close with our fellow classmates which provides an outstanding support system.”
Ft Wayne Student Life
- Tips for the first-year med school curriculum
- Combining medicine and student affairs: Meet Emily Walvoord, MD
- Learn the value of service learning in medicine: Meet Niki Messmore, MS
- Meet the Class of 2023 Orientation Committee
- Basketball star looks to become MVP surgeon
- What it takes to become Physician Mentor of the Year