How to Apply
Prospective students can complete the application process by submitting the following:
- Personal statement
- CV/ resume
- Three letters of recommendation
- GRE or MCAT scores (preferred, but not required)
- Proof of English proficiency
- All official education documents (transcripts, marksheets, diploma and degree certificates)
- Proof of participation in recruitment programs (if applicable)
Letters of recommendation should come from a lab mentor, PI or senior lab researcher who has direct knowledge of the applicant and can speak to the applicant’s professional characteristics. Current or recent academic instructors and/or employers with direct knowledge of the qualities of the applicant that are relevant for graduate training are also accepted. All letters of recommendation are due by the application deadline. Find additional details related to Letters of Recommendation for PhD program admissions.
A personal statement (no word limit) should include:
- Research and faculty interest
- Personal characteristics and abilities
- Career objectives
- Preparation for graduate study
- Explanation for any problems or inconsistencies in academic records
- Explanation of desire to enroll in the IBMG Program for PhD Study at IU School of Medicine
U. S. citizens or permanent residents with bachelor degree(s) earned in U.S.
International applications or U.S. citizens or permanent residents with bachelor degree(s) earned outside of U.S.
Average test scores from applicants to the IU School of Medicine IBMG Program for PhD Study are provided in the table below.
|Domestic students||International students|
|GPA||3.56||Varies depending on institution|
*Institution Code: 1325