How to Apply
Prospective students can complete the application process by submitting the following:
- Personal statement
- CV/ resume
- Three letters of recommendation
- GRE or MCAT scores (preferred, but not required)
- Proof of English proficiency
- Supplemental department questions
- All official education documents (transcripts, marksheets, diploma and degree certificates)
- Proof of participation in recruitment programs (if applicable)
- Immigration documentation (if applicable)
Recruitment programs include McNair, LSAMP, Herbert fellows, Bridges to the Doctorate, AmeriCorps, etc. Applicants can use the Application Management for Students tool to follow-up with application processes.
Letters of recommendation should come from a lab mentor, PI, or senior lab researcher with a PhD who has both a professional and direct knowledge of the applicant. All letters of recommendation are due by the December 15 application deadline. Find additional details related to Letters of Recommendation for PhD program admissions.
A personal statement (no word limit) should include:
- Research and faculty interest
- Personal characteristics and abilities
- Career objectives
- Preparation for graduate study
- Explanation for any problems or inconsistencies in academic records
- Explanation of desire to enroll in the IBMG Program for PhD Study at IU School of Medicine
U. S. citizens or permanent residents with bachelor degree(s) earned in U.S.
International applications or U.S. citizens or permanent residents with bachelor degree(s) earned outside of U.S.
Average test scores from applicants to the IU School of Medicine IBMG Program for PhD Study are provided in the table below.
|Domestic students||International students|
|GPA||3.56||Varies depending on institution|
*Institution Code: 1325