YOU ARE EXPLORING
For medical students interested in gaining experience in neurological surgery, the IU School of Medicine offers third- and fourth-year elective clerkship rotations, including:
- Clinical and Laboratory Honors Program in Neurosurgery (93SN700) at IU Health University Hospital (Indianapolis)
- Clinical Neurosurgery (02SN701) at Fort Wayne Center for Medical Education (Fort Wayne)
- Neurosurgery (93SN730) at IU Health Methodist Hospital, Riley Hospital for Children at IU Health (Indianapolis)
- Pediatric Neurosurgery (93SN740) at Riley Hospital for Children at IU Health (Indianapolis)
- Special Elective in Neurological Surgery (93SN990)
In addition to advanced electives, the IU School of Medicine offers the Julius M. Goodman Scholarship to deserving fourth-year IU medical students who are interested in pursuing neurological surgery as a specialty. Every student is automatically considered for the scholarship. There is no application process.