Apply online through the IUPUI Office of Admissions. When completing the application, choose Histotechnology (Certificate) MED1, 1, HSTCCERT,as your planned major.
After completing the online application to IUPUI, email or mail the following required forms in one packet or email to the Histotechnology Program. Program address is 635 Barnhill Drive MS A128, Indianapolis, IN 46202.
- Copy of email confirmation from online application
- Personal statement indicating applicant’s interest and aspirations in Histotechnology and why the applicant should be considered for the program
- Letter of recommendation from applicant’s histology laboratory supervisor
- Letter of recommendation from a supervising pathologist of the laboratory where clinical education will occur
- Supplemental Program Form
- Clinical Affiliate Agreement Form
A complete application packet must be submitted by May 1 for consideration for a fall start date. The additional supplemental application materials for the Certificate Program must be submitted together and mailed/emailed directly to the Histotechnology Program contact. Only complete application packets that are postmarked or received by the application deadline will be forwarded to the program’s admissions committee.
Application packets received or postmarked after the program’s deadline are considered late. Incomplete or late applications are only considered once all completed, on-time, acceptable applications have been reviewed and positions in the program are still available. Call 317-274-1686 or email IUHTinfo@iu.edu to find out if applications are still being considered past the application deadline.
Expect to receive either an offer of admission or a decline.
If offered admission into the IU School of Medicine Certificate in Histotechnology Program, applicants are required to submit a completed technical standards certification form.